Elite League seeks Commercial Director
The Elite League is advertising for a new Commercial Director to join the team running the sport at the highest level in this country. It'll be an exciting position for the successful candidate.
TITLE OF POST: Commercial Director Elite Ice Hockey League
LOCATION: United Kingdom.
TENURE: MINIMUM: 2 Years (Subject to the completion of a 6 month probationary period, on going 1 year extension upon review by the Chairman and the Board.)
HOURS: Flexible & designated by the Chairman EIHL in conjunction with EIHL Board.
SALARY: £40k-£60K (a sponsored company car will also be provided)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chairman EIHL
LIAISON WITH: All club owners of the Elite Ice Hockey League
To generate sponsorship for the EIHL - to find sponsorship for the league, the leagues officials, the Challenge Cup and the Play Offs. To establish good links with all clubs and where appropriate pass over any sponsorship opportunities as they arise.
• Considerable relevant management experience in a professional sporting organisation, with a proven record of success.
• Experience of establishing and maintaining effective partnership working.
Skills and Abilities
• Proven effective management skills with the ability to establish long term relationships with clients.
• Strong interpersonal skills and abilities.
• Ability to think strategically and develop plans, strategies and policies across a wide range of areas to meet the needs of EIHL
• Works with owners/clubs to deliver EIHL priorities and objectives and is able to make connections and instigate action to enable their delivery.
• Skilled in the use of information and communication technology, with ability to utilise/ provide/obtain/analyse information and data.
• Effective presentation skills.
• The successful candidate must be a self motivator and able to work alone.
• Excellent self-discipline, exhibiting good personal organisation and time management.
• Calm under pressure, responding constructively to criticism, with high levels of resilience.
• Maintains high standards of professional ethics, integrity and corporate discipline.
• Accepts responsibility priorities and their delivery.
• Must be able to demonstrate sound judgement and be prepared to take responsibility in all situations
• Must be prepared to work flexibly and out with office hours.
• Possession of valid driving licence
Please apply in the first instance by email to:
CLOSING DATE: 28/06/2016