Dan Carlson #26 jersey retirement ceremony
Genting Casino Coventry Blaze retired the number 26 jersey of Dan Carlson before their 4-2 victory over the Sheffield Steelers at the Skydome Arena last night.
The 36-year-old remains the all-time leader point-scorer in Coventry colours having posted 559 (177 goals and 382 assists) in 430 appearances over a six-year period.
He was a member of all four of Blaze's Elite League title wins and also lifted the Challenge Cup twice, the Knockout Cup and Play-Off Championship.
Blaze chairman Andy Buxton led the ceremony whilst Dan was joined on the ice by his family and former teammates.
Watch the ceremony with thanks to Clean Cut Sports:
Before the ceremony took place, tributes flooded in for Dan which can be read and watched using the following links:
- Blaze fans pay tribute to #26
- Dan Carlson - the opposition fan view
- Thompson hails Carlson
- Ndur praises DC's "desire to win"
- Trevor Koenig and Danny Stewart video messages for Carlson
- "Mumbles" remembered fondly by Small, Tait and Cowley
- Pease proud to celebrate Carlson contribution
- Weber praise for 'game-changer' Carlson